Historic Buildings and Estates
Detailed accounts of significant buildings within the Winsham Parish
Leigh House
Built between 1590 &1617, for three hundred years it was the home of the Henley family. This gallery contains a great deal of information about the building and the history of the Henley family.
Cricket St. Thomas Estate
With its roots in Norman England, the estate has experienced many changes. Now no longer part of Winsham Parish, historically it was always a major influence on the life of the parish, and is still the source of some employment.
 
 
Forde Abbey
Originally a Cistercian Abbey, it survived the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII to become a handsome private estate that has been owned by the Roper family for many years. Not part of Winsham Parish, historically it has always been a major influence on the life of the Parish.
Forde Abbey
Charlton Cottage
A small village house dating back to Tudor times, it is an example of how village homes have adapted to changing needs, while maintaining many old features.